(Updated, April 2021)
Yes, we're OPEN! Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club reopened as a Belize Gold Standard hotel on December 9, 2020. The health and safety of visitors and residents of Belize is of utmost importance at this time to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Here is the most updated information on what Belize is doing to ensure its visitors a safe and enjoyable vacation!
What are the most updated requirements to travel to Belize?
Belize welcomes international travelers of ALL nationalities who:
1. Arrive via Philip Goldson International Airport (airport code: BZE). Land and sea borders remain closed at this time.
2. Test negative for COVID-19 a maximum of 96 hours before travel OR present an official vaccine card that shows completion of the COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of 14 days before arrival in Belize. Alternatively, you can take a rapid test upon arrival at the airport in Belize for $50USD. Children under 5 are exempt.
3. Have a stay booked at an approved Tourism Gold Standard hotel in Belize. Mahogany Bay Resort is an official Gold Standard hotel.
4. Download and register with the "Belize Travel Health" application on a smartphone or tablet the day before your flight.
5. For our American friends returning to the U.S., there are several quick and easy locations on Ambergris Caye for COVID-19 testing before your flight home. Most Mahogany Bay Resort guests opt to test with the on-site nurse available daily from 8am - 5pm. Turnaround time is under 30 minutes! See our front desk agent during your stay for more info.
Belize Regulations & Tourism Gold Standard Program
Belize has implemented strict new reopening protocols on hotels, restaurants, and tour operators under the Belize Tourism Board Tourism Gold Standard recognition program. Please note that currently (April 2021) there is a nationwide curfew between the hours of 10:00 pm and 5:00 am. However, all tours are operating, and guests are more than welcome to rent a golf cart and explore the island at their leisure outside of the curfew hours. Masks are still required on golf carts and in all public places, with the exception of when you're seated at a food & beverage establishment.
What is required of hotels under the Gold Standard Program?
- Health monitoring & reporting daily temperature checks for all team members
- Practicing social distancing with both team members and guests
- Enhanced cleaning & sanitation procedures: increased disinfection of commons areas, face masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) required for team members and guests
- A rapid and clear response plan for suspected COVID-19 cases
- Clear & consistent communication for frequent feedback from employees and guests
- Increased access to sanitation stations across the property
- Digital technologies to reduce physical interactions, including check-in/out and food & beverage
- Team member training to ensure each is prepared to manage and implement the new protocols based on his/her role
We know that you are as excited as we are to welcome back travel, even if it looks a little different these days. We also understand that our guests’ expectations for cleaning and disinfection have changed. That’s why Hilton is proud to present the Hilton CleanStay program. Hilton CleanStay builds on our already rigorous cleaning standards to provide complete peace of mind when you stay with Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton.
Our housekeeping room protocol begins with our team removing all used items from the room such as bedding and towels. Next, the team performs a full clean of the room and bathroom including vacuuming and mopping floors, and wiping down all surfaces with hospital-grade cleaners.
Then, using trusted products from 3M and Lysol, we do an additional disinfecting step for several surfaces in the room, including all switches and electronic controls, handles and knobs, major bathroom surfaces, and the remote control.
Our promise to you is to deliver the same level of reliable and friendly service you’d expect from Hilton, but with the added confidence of industry-leading hygiene practices created to keep you safe.
Why is Mahogany Bay Resort the Best Choice for a Stay in 2021?
The following points make Mahogany Bay Resort an optimal choice for a Belize visit during this time:
- Mahogany Bay Resort has adapted to the enhanced sanitation and social distancing requirements of both Hilton and the government of Belize.
- Our resort is fully open and all amenities and tours are available.
- The property is a self-contained village with individual hotel units, stand-alone businesses, open-air restaurants, and amenities spread out over 60 acres.
- Mahogany Bay Resort’s individual accommodations mean that there are no shared air conditioning ducts between units.
- The picturesque off-grid Beach Club is exclusive to Mahogany Bay Resort guests and naturally adapted to social distancing protocols.
- There is ample room for guests to explore the property, ride bikes, relax at the pool or enjoy a spa treatment, shop for art, dine at one of the 12 on-site food & beverage establishments, or of course go on any number of Belize's tours, (both cayes and mainland).
- Mahogany Bay Resort has an on-site 5-star PADI dive center waiting to bring you on all of the best underwater adventures in the Belize cayes! See our tours page for more information.