(Updated October 12, 2021)
Yes, we're OPEN! Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club reopened as a Belize Gold Standard hotel on December 9, 2020. The health and safety of visitors and residents of Belize are of utmost importance at this time to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Here is the most updated information on what Belize is doing to ensure its visitors a safe and enjoyable vacation!
Please note: as the situation remains fluid, all protocols are subject to change. This is not intended as a source of official information and should be used for trip planning purposes only. Please check with the Belize Tourism Board for the most updated information regarding all Belize COVID-19 laws, regulations, and travel entry requirements.
What are the most updated requirements to travel to Belize?
Belize warmly welcomes international travelers of ALL nationalities with a negative COVID-19 test result. Children under 5 are exempt from testing requirements.
Philip Goldson International Airport (BZE) arrival requires:
- a negative COVID-19 result by PCR Test taken within 96 hours of travel (or) by Rapid Antigen Test taken within 48 hours of travel.
- (or) a negative COVID-19 test result upon arrival in Belize for $50USD per person (fee subject to change).
- confirmation of a stay at an approved Tourism Gold Standard hotel. (That's us!)
- a negative result from a COVID-19 Rapid Test administered by the Ministry of Health for a fee of $50USD per person (fee subject to change). No external tests are accepted at these points of entry.
COVID-19 On-Site Testing
To our American guests returning home, there are several easy COVID-19 testing locations in San Pedro to satisfy the latest U.S. travel entry requirements. Most Mahogany Bay Resort guests opt for a Rapid Antigen Test with the convenient on-site nurse available daily from 8am - 5pm for a fee of $100USD per person. Turnaround time is typically under 30 minutes.
For those guests returning to a location requiring a PCR Test, our healthcare partner now offers PCR tests with results available in two hours. The cost for this test is $275USD per person. See our front desk agent during your stay for more info about either of these testing options.
Why is Mahogany Bay Resort the Best Choice for a Stay in 2021/22?
The following points make Mahogany Bay Resort an optimal choice for a Belize visit during this time:
- Mahogany Bay Resort has adapted to the enhanced sanitation and social distancing requirements of both Hilton and the government of Belize.
- The resort is fully open and all normal amenities and tours are available.
- The property is a self-contained village with individual hotel units, stand-alone businesses, open-air restaurants, and amenities spread out over 60 acres.
- The individual accommodations mean that there are no shared air conditioning ducts between units.
- The picturesque off-grid Beach Club is exclusive to Mahogany Bay Resort guests and naturally adapted to social distancing protocols.
- There is an on-site Belize Gold Standard 5-star PADI dive and tour center waiting to bring you on all of the best adventures in the Belize cayes and mainland! See our tours page for more information.
- Mahogany Bay Resort has a convenient on-site COVID-19 testing service available daily to meet the U.S. testing requirements for Americans returning home.
We know that you are as excited as we are to welcome back travel, even if it looks a little different these days. We also understand that our guests’ expectations for cleaning and disinfection have changed. That’s why Hilton is proud to present the Hilton CleanStay program. Hilton CleanStay builds on our already rigorous cleaning standards to provide complete peace of mind when you stay with Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton.
Our housekeeping room protocol begins with our team removing all used items from the room such as bedding and towels. Next, the team performs a full clean of the room and bathroom including vacuuming and mopping floors, and wiping down all surfaces with hospital-grade cleaners.
Then, using trusted products from 3M and Lysol, we do an additional disinfecting step for several surfaces in the room, including all switches and electronic controls, handles and knobs, major bathroom surfaces, and the remote control.
Our promise to you is to deliver the same level of reliable and friendly service you’d expect from Hilton, but with the added confidence of industry-leading hygiene practices created to keep you safe.
Current San Pedro, Belize COVID-19 Regulations
Please note that on Ambergris Caye there is currently a curfew at 9pm every night. Restaurants and bars serving food are open, but casinos and nightclubs remain closed. All island tours are operating, and visitors are more than welcome to rent their own transportation and explore the island at their leisure. Masks are no longer required on golf carts, however, masks are still required in public places indoors and outdoors. Exceptions for mask-wearing include while swimming, eating, drinking, or exercising. Small children are exempt.
Please note: as the situation remains fluid, all protocols are subject to change. This is not intended as a source of official information and should be used for trip planning purposes only. Please check with our Front Desk upon arrival or the Belize Tourism Board for the most updated information regarding all Belize COVID-19 regulations.