(Updated, June 9, 2021)
Yes, we're OPEN! Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club reopened as a Belize Gold Standard hotel on December 9, 2020. The health and safety of visitors and residents of Belize is of utmost importance at this time to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Here is the most updated information on what Belize is doing to ensure its visitors a safe and enjoyable vacation!
What are the most updated requirements to travel to Belize?
Belize warmly welcomes international travelers of ALL nationalities who:
- present an official vaccine card that shows completion of the COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of 14 days before arrival in Belize
- (or) test negative for COVID-19 a maximum of 96 hours before travel
- (or) test negative for COVID-19 upon arrival in Belize for $50USD. Children under 5 are exempt from these requirements.
- and have a stay booked at an approved Tourism Gold Standard hotel. (That's us!)
Please note: this is not official information and should be used for trip planning purposes only. Please check with the BELIZE TOURISM BOARD for the most updated information regarding all Belize COVID-19 laws, regulations, and travel entry requirements.
COVID-19 On-Site Testing
To our American guests returning home to the U.S., there are several easy testing options on Ambergris Caye to fulfill the latest U.S. travel requirements. Most Mahogany Bay Resort guests opt to test with the convenient on-site nurse available daily from 8am - 5pm. Turnaround time is typically under 30 minutes! See our front desk agent during your stay for more info.
Why is Mahogany Bay Resort the Best Choice for a Stay in 2021?
The following points make Mahogany Bay Resort an optimal choice for a Belize visit during this time:
- Mahogany Bay Resort has adapted to the enhanced sanitation and social distancing requirements of both Hilton and the government of Belize.
- The resort is fully open and all amenities and tours are available.
- The property is a self-contained village with individual hotel units, stand-alone businesses, open-air restaurants, and amenities spread out over 60 acres.
- The individual accommodations mean that there are no shared air conditioning ducts between units.
- The picturesque off-grid Beach Club is exclusive to Mahogany Bay Resort guests and naturally adapted to social distancing protocols.
- There is an on-site Belize Gold Standard 5-star PADI dive and tour center waiting to bring you on all of the best adventures in the Belize cayes and mainland! See our tours page for more information.
- Mahogany Bay Resort has a convenient on-site COVID-19 testing service available daily to meet the U.S. testing requirements for Americans returning home.
We know that you are as excited as we are to welcome back travel, even if it looks a little different these days. We also understand that our guests’ expectations for cleaning and disinfection have changed. That’s why Hilton is proud to present the Hilton CleanStay program. Hilton CleanStay builds on our already rigorous cleaning standards to provide complete peace of mind when you stay with Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton.
Our housekeeping room protocol begins with our team removing all used items from the room such as bedding and towels. Next, the team performs a full clean of the room and bathroom including vacuuming and mopping floors, and wiping down all surfaces with hospital-grade cleaners.
Then, using trusted products from 3M and Lysol, we do an additional disinfecting step for several surfaces in the room, including all switches and electronic controls, handles and knobs, major bathroom surfaces, and the remote control.
Our promise to you is to deliver the same level of reliable and friendly service you’d expect from Hilton, but with the added confidence of industry-leading hygiene practices created to keep you safe.
Current Belize COVID-19 Regulations
Please note that currently there remains a nationwide curfew at midnight on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays; and 10pm Sundays — Wednesdays. Restaurants, bars, and casinos are open, but nightclubs remain closed. All island tours are operating, and visitors are more than welcome to rent their own transportation and explore the island at their leisure. Masks are no longer required on golf carts, however, masks are still required in public places indoors and outdoors.
Please note: this is not official information and should be used for trip planning purposes only. The BELIZE TOURISM BOARD is always the authority for the most updated information regarding all Belize COVID-19 laws, regulations, and immigration requirements.