Are you a resident of Houston, TX, that’s craving the ultimate getaway? Treat yourself to a tropical getaway in paradise—San Pedro, Belize. Although this is an international trip, it’s incredibly convenient and easy to get from Houston to San Pedro, Belize. Keep reading, and we’ll tell you all about the best travel plans and how to enjoy yourself once you make it to the exciting city that we call home, San Pedro.
As you start to get excited about your trip from Houston to Belize, you’ll want to know the best things to see and do in the area. Download our complimentary Vacation Guide and learn all about our picks for top-notch restaurants, attractions, outdoor activities, events, and more!
Get the Free Belize Vacation Guide
Houston To San Pedro, Belize: The Ultimate Getaway
Why Pick San Pedro Belize as Your Vacation Destination?
When you’re researching travel destinations, the options can seem endless. So, why should you pick San Pedro, Belize? There are a plethora of reasons! Here a few that we think you’d agree with:
- English is the official language of Belize, making communication with staff and locals seamless.
- San Pedro is located on the scenic island of Ambergris Caye. How often do you get to stay on a tropical island with out-of-this-world views?
- U.S. currency is accepted throughout Belize, so there’s no need to wait in line at the currency exchange at the airport.
- San Pedro is a fantastic, eclectic city with a low crime rate. You can feel free to roam the town with peace of mind.
- When you vacation on Ambergris Caye, you can stay with us at Mahogany Bay Resort. We’re the largest resort on the island and offer outstanding amenities and accommodations.
Traveling From Houston to San Pedro, Belize
Did you know that flights from Houston to the Belize City airport are only 2 ½ hours? That’s the same amount of time it would take to drive from Houston to Austin, TX. Why take a boring drive when you can escape the United States and take a quick, exciting flight to an unforgettable foreign city?!
- United Airlines offers direct flights from the George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston into the Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport (BZE) in Belize City.
- From there, you’ll need to get onto a hopper plane to fly over to the breathtaking island of Ambergris Caye, where San Pedro is located.
- There are multiple airlines available to book flights with (Tropic Air and Maya Island Air), and the trip is only about 15 minutes long.
Note: You can use online booking engines to reserve your hopper flight, or you can call us and let us do the coordinating for you. Often, we can find the best ticket prices.
Have a Blast in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye
You did it! You made it to the marvelous Belizean island Ambergris Caye. Here at Mahogany Bay Resort, the possibilities for fun-filled adventures are endless. How will you spend your vacation? Check out some of our top picks for things to do during your stay:
- Snorkel and dive at the Belize Barrier Reef
- Catch a tan while sipping on a cocktail at our private Beach Club
- Spend the day on a catamaran island hopping
- Relax and unwind with a deep tissue massage at our spa
- Ride a golf cart into town and explore the local bars and restaurants
Stay at the Best Resort on the Island
When it comes to the best lodging in Belize, look no further than Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton™. We offer top-notch customer service and cleaning standards that you expect from Hilton, but you can retreat in your own private cottage or bungalow rather than a small hotel room. Plus, we have an array of amenities throughout the resort, so you never even have to leave the property!
Check our availability and book your stay with us today. We can’t wait to welcome you to Belize!