Do you want to trade in your puffy coats and clunky snow boots for tank tops and flip flops this Christmas season? Then pack your bags and travel to Belize for a magical holiday celebration. Our country is filled with festive cheer, exciting events, and gorgeous weather. It doesn’t get any better than that! Discover how you have an unforgettable Christmas in Belize.
If you want to plan the ultimate Christmas vacation in Belize, be sure to check out our Free Vacation Guide. It features local insight on all the best things to see and do in the area—no matter what time of year you visit!
How To Celebrate Christmas in Belize
Christmas traditions in Belize are plentiful, and the weather is to die for. Switch things up this year and enjoy your holiday in paradise!
Make the Most Out of the Beautiful Weather
Why spend Christmas Day trapped inside hiding from the cold weather when you can enjoy the warm sunshine and tropical temperatures? During December, the average temperatures here range from a low of 70 degrees to a high of 80 degrees. Plus, the hurricane and rainy season are over! Make the most out of this fantastic weather and spend your day lounging by the pool, sipping on a cocktail on an overwater cabana, snorkeling in the Belize Barrier Reef, or island hopping on a catamaran.
Join the Belizeans at Local Events
One of the best parts of our country is the people. Everyone is friendly, welcoming, and full of festive cheer. During Christmas time, San Pedro is full of life and offers many fun-filled holiday events. Some of the most popular include:
- Tree Lighting Ceremony in Central Park – Christmas celebrations commence on the island on the first Sunday of December with the Tree Lighting Ceremony in Central Park. People gather to enjoy music, dancing, and snacks.
- Holiday Market at The Truck Stop – Each year, The Truck Stop holds a Holiday Market and Craft Fair complete with local vendors, a tree lighting, and photos with Santa.
- Love FM Christmas Parade – It’s a holiday tradition that the radio station Love FM holds a parade with people dressed up and lining the streets.
- Boxing Day – This is a cherished tradition leftover from when Belize was part of the British colonies. The locals still celebrate Boxing Day the day after Christmas and use this day to give presents and monetary gifts to the less fortunate.
- Christmas Decorations – During the holiday season, Belizeans don’t just decorate the inside of their homes; they give the outside a makeover too. As you drive through San Pedro on your golf cart, you’ll see all sorts of festive and quirky decorations adorning the town.
Unwind and Have Fun at Mahogany Bay Resort
If you’re visiting Belize for the holidays, there’s no better place to stay than Mahogany Bay Resort. When you check in, you’ll be greeted by a stunning Christmas tree in our Great House. We switch up the theme from year to year, but you can always expect it to be completely decked out!
Here at Mahogany Bay Resort, we always make sure our guests have a full stomach. On Christmas Eve and Day, we will be serving delicious dinners. Our Head Chef, Adán Reyes Jarquin, takes pride in serving creative and unique dishes, so you can be sure you won’t be disappointed.
Your Holiday Home Away From Home
Gather your closest family and friends and embark on a Belizean getaway this holiday season. Mahogany Bay Resort offers an array of accommodations, so, it’s easy to find the perfect holiday home away from home. If you want to split your group into private units, we offer luxurious Garden Cottages and Keeping Suites. Or, if you’re going to stay together in one spacious home, we suggest booking one of our Two, Three, or Four-Bedroom Villas. No matter where you choose to reside, you’ll always have access to our five-star amenities.